EOS ITPM enables you to effectively prioritize and govern your projects portfolio tailored to your needs.
It enables your enterprise to integrate the demand for new projects with available resources and funding.
You can track and govern project health against established indicators such as cost, risk and value.
Project Portfolio Management
- Integration capabilities enables projects portfolio to be linked with other internal or external assets
- Inter-dependencies between funded projects, existing applications and associated infrastructure can be quickly visualized.
- Enterprise architects can identify opportunities to fund gaps within their capability portfolio or ensure best fit applications provide those capabilities.
- Integrated transactional platform for your CIO to monitor the progress and alignment of their IT project execution with business priorities.
EOS ITPM enables prioritization of projects and programs for your PMO team
tailored to the needs of their respective portfolios.
It provides aggregated and integrated governance capabilities to your PMO team to continuously monitor health of their projects and programs.
Program Portfolio Management
- Projects, programs and portfolios integrated with internal or external assets.
- Cross-portfolio level view with asset classes integrated.
- Visualize capabilities to contrast financial spend at an aggregate level across all portfolios and ensure investment alignment with strategic objectives.
EOS ITPM solution allows enterprises to establish a robust integrated application portfolio.
The solution enables your applications portfolio to become the cornerstone for a variety of IT initiatives such as Application Rationalization, Business Transformation, IT Simplification and IT Governance.
Applications Portfolio Management
- Understand application interdependencies with projects, business capabilities and IT assets.
- Rapidly enrich your application portfolio data with characterization by demographics, ownership, operations, cost, risk and value.
- Establish inter-linkages to other asset classes: projects, architecture reference models, standards, technologies and infrastructure.
- Foundation for impactful, demand side initiatives such as Application Rationalization, IT Simplification or Business Transformation.
Planning long running IT initiatives requires establishment of current and
target state views comprising of architecture reference models.
EOS ITPM helps enhance the value derived from these enterprise architecture models so they become actionable, fact based artifacts to guide IT initiatives such as transformation and simplification.
Enterprise Architecture Management
- Road-mapping capabilities to visualize and plan the sequencing and timing of for long running activities.
- Visualize and gain valuable insights into applications provisioning most capabilities, impact of retiring obsolete technology or risk implications.
- Foundation for visual, transactional and actionable EA planning and help establish the EA reference models. .
- Integrated view enables you to communicate progress of current state to future state transitions using measurable business appreciated facts such as time, cost, risk and value.
EOS ITPM enables you to rapidly establish a book of record around platforms, technologies and associated versions used within the enterprise.
EOS ITPM helps your organizations to gather, manage and govern infrastructure information such as servers, racks, data centers and associated linkages to applications
Infrastructure Portfolio Management
- Platform to maintain and govern organizational infrastructure data integrated with multiple other portfolios.
- Service catalog enables insights such as service enablement platforms, service provisioning gaps or redundant service provisioning.
- Convey the business implications of infrastructure events such as a currency upgrade or server downtime to respective business stakeholders.
- Proactively identify aged infrastructure across their application and project portfolios to influence funding.
EOS ITPM provides rich capabilities to establish a tiered business process portfolio.
Each business process can be mapped to multiple functional domains, products, channels, assets and organizations.
It helps establish the value chain of business processes from process domains to detail level steps.
Business Process Portfolio Management
- Cross functional perspectives to variety of stakeholders across the enterprise process landscape.
- Fact based insights into process functional overlap and provisioning gaps.
- Identify processes that are vital to meet strategic objectives such as revenue enhancement, geographic expansion, operational efficiency or competitive differentiation.
- Identify automation opportunities within a process domain, can track risk profiles and associated requirements to monitor controls to mitigate risk exposures.
Understanding how different systems within your enterprise interface with each
other is essential to comply with regulatory requirements or to undertake architecture transformation.
EOS ITPM enables you to capture how critical information flows, transforms and repurposes across different systems in your enterprise.
Interface Dependency Mapping
- Communicate cross-portfolio, cross-functional, cross-asset scope and impact of an IT change to your CIOs.
- Fact based assessments to your solution architects on degree of complexity involved when making an IT change.
- Visualization of critical information flows across different systems enables your risk and compliance stakeholders to identify mitigating controls.
- Inter-dependency views of applications, data and technology that can be used to analyze business implications of operational events.
Lack of understanding on how data assets are managed hinders the ability to consistently and proactively comply with regulatory demands.
EOS ITPM helps establish your data portfolio so your enterprise can assess how key data assets are managed, track data lineage across information repositories and identify sensitive data exchange flows.
Data Portfolio Management
- Linking data portfolio to other portfolios such as applications, EA reference models and business process portfolios internal and external.
- Distinguish applications managing your key data assets from applications that consume and depend on this data.
- Visualize the data flows across applications and repositories. Identify any data quality or information architecture inconsistency issues that you need to address.
EOS ITPM complements your end user asset discovery tools with a portfolio management system to absorb, organize and index your EU assets.
The rich, robust, industry standard information model allows you to characterize the EU assets distinctly from usual business applications, project or technology assets.
End User Asset Portfolio Management
- Tailored insights around usage of end user applications and technologies in your enterprise.
- Stratify your EU Asset portfolio based on metrics such as data sensitivity, financial calculations, customer data and suggest appropriate mitigating controls.
- Identify EUAs that need to comply with regulatory requirements such as SOX or Basel and accordingly request follow-up assessments with those users.
- CIOs can gauge the pervasiveness of EU assets within your organizations and associated costs and resources to support them.
Your solutions are akin to bill of IT Changes on your asset landscape to meet
business requirements across approved projects.
EOS ITPM allows organizations to capture these bills of IT changes so your CIOs can monitor and measure the progress of modifications being made against your IT asset landscape.
Solutions Portfolio Management
- Leverage insights from variety of different perspectives.
- Assess the overall complexity of the solution composition, measure the degree to which it is aligned with future state blueprints and seek alternatives to the composition materials.
- Visualize the sequence of capability provisioning events orchestrated via different bill of IT changes to transition from current state to future state.
- Facilitate alignment with technology standards and identify exemptions required for your solutions.
EOS ITPM enables consistent management of your enterprise standards
across variety of cross-functional areas such as risk, technology, business continuity, information, regulatory or reputational domains.
Standards owners can manage the lifecycle, detailed requirements posture and any additional profiles required to define the standard.
Standards Governance and Management
- Continuous visibility to architects designing solutions to ensure these are in alignment with your standards and reuse prescribed best practices.
- Track compliance for various IT asset portfolios vis-a-vis regulatory standards and request assessment when desired.
- Leverage the standards roadmap to get a line of sight visibility into standards lifecycle and associated position transitions.
- Gauge and communicate instability implications associated with using non compliant assets such as obsolete technology, declining application or non-compliant deployment stack.
Your CIOs need end to end visibility into costs across their IT landscape. However, costing data in most organizations is usually gathered in silos. Furthermore, the process to gather costing data and associated roll-up processes is ad-hoc and done differently in each part of the enterprise.
As a result, your CIOs lack a common, unified costing view which allows them to harmonize and align the cost across their IT portfolios vis-a-vis enterprise level strategic objectives.
IT Cost Transparency
- Immersive integration of your costing data with enterprise planning to measure the effectiveness of long running IT initiatives such as currency planning, strategic IT transformation or risk governance.
- Backbone for fact based business-IT relationship platform wherein business partners can appreciate the cost-benefit perspectives of their IT investments.
Enterprises are under constant pressure to comply with variety of external regulatory requirements such as SOX, Basel, PCI or OSFI.
Internally, you need to assess risks and associate mitigating controls with data, architecture and business compliance requirements such as data sensitivity, security, business continuity and cross-asset stability.
Often the internal and external asset risks and controls are captured in silos inhibiting your enterprise from a having a holistic risk picture.
Integrated IT Risk Governance
- Establish an integrated risk governance view, fact-based assessment and visualization of internal and external regulatory compliance requirements.
- 360 degree view of risks across your IT landscape so your enterprise can proactively monitor and mitigate them.
Your CIOs are constantly challenged to transform their IT portfolio.
The biggest dilemma your CIOs face is the lack of facts to help communicate and translate the benefits of their transformation exercises to business stakeholders.
Without the facts, transformation is episodic and silo’ed. Ad-hoc transformation results in more IT complexity which itself impedes the agility of your CIO’s overall IT portfolio thereby further eroding stakeholder confidence and ROI perception.
IT Transformation Blueprint
- Integrated IT transformation blueprint with cost, risk and value perspectives. Facts to express and communicate cost-benefit-time aspects of IT transformation trajectory.
- Tailored and distilled to stakeholder needs making it easier to comprehend and appreciate the benefits of the IT transformation.
IT simplification can be a daunting initiative due to the length of time and investment required from your organization.
The lack of facts to measure the progress makes your business-IT dialogue to justify simplification difficult and tricky.
Executing such an effort requires integration and visibility of progress across several portfolios such as projects, applications, and infrastructure technology and architecture reference models.
- EOS ITPM provides a consistent asset baseline against which your CIOs can measure the progress and benefit of their simplification initiatives.
- It sets the foundation for consistent, measurable and repeatable execution of IT simplification and business technology optimization instead of silo’ed initiatives with diminishing enterprise returns.
When your IT organization has a need to transition from an obsolete technology to a more current product, the actual events and planning for such a transition is often episodic and chaotic.
Orchestrating a currency remediation plan or effort for a widely used technology within your enterprise requires visibility into its usage across your enterprise, impact of the change on inter-dependent assets and business implications of the transition such as cost.
IT Currency Planning
- IT planning backbone to orchestrate a phased, organized and effective rollout of their currency migration initiatives.
- Measure of progress of such long running transitions and a repeatable roadmapping blueprint across currency planning events.
Devoid of automated exemptions process, your enterprise governance is episodic, reporting oriented and lacks in vitality.
Lack of knowledge about prior exemptions results in your stakeholders filing numerous one-time exemptions for the same technology or standard adding to your CIO’s headache. There is no institutional memory the CIO can leverage to seek the facts required to address repeated exemptions filed for a particular business area or technology used within a critical business application.
IT Exemption Management
- Facts desired by your CIOs to measure the degree of alignment and progress your organization is making towards complying with established standards.
- Track organizational alignments with established standards and associated mitigating actions.
The diversity and disparate nature of the IT landscape and associated data makes it difficult for your enterprise to put together an end to end picture for business impact analysis.
Your teams end up assembling or connecting these views manually and episodically resulting in CIO’s inability to provide a holistic view of business impacts of IT changes to their stakeholders.
These fragmented views paint an ad-hoc, inconsistent view of the CIO’s IT portfolio
Integrated IT Business Impact Analysis
- Integrated data points for your organization to rapidly assemble a business impact view.
- Facts for your CIOs to effectively assess and understand inter-dependency across various assets in their IT Portfolio.
Enterprises often undertake several IT portfolio health assessments. The challenge most organizations face is that these assessments are often requested in silos for the same assets several times a year.
The results of these assessments are seldom shared across your enterprise. These results are not persisted and therefore unavailable for comparison and reference for future assessments of similar nature.
Integrated IT Health Assessment
- Integrated assessment capability provides a robust, enterprise foundation to plan and orchestrate the execution of IT asset assessments across various stakeholder groups.
- It empowers your CIOs with crucial insights that they can share with cross-functional stakeholders and use to enlist their buy-in for ongoing assessments.
Enterprise resource planning usually happens in the context of managing demand emanating from collection of projects. The planning is usually singularly focused on a single class of asset i.e. the project.
Such singularly focused resource planning falls short of the comprehensive view that your CIOs require to analyze if their resources are being deployed and allocated in alignment with business drivers and strategy.
- Fact based insights into resource deployment and utilization by strategic objectives of the business.
- Assure their business and IT stakeholders on effective resource deployment and utilization.
Making you the CEO of IT
Chief Information Officer
IT estates are complex with disparate sources of asset data. You have multiple books of records for same types of assets resulting in inconsistent and inaccurate baselines. Each year you have practically the same wish list – saving costs, investing wisely, optimizing spend on emerging trends and regulatory compliance. But each year there always seems to be a need for yet another point in time solution. Understanding the full impact of any IT change is a manual exercise for your team.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM enables fact-based, integrated, actionable views across your IT landscape. It provides you with an integrated view of the IT portfolio from cost, risk and value perspectives across multiple classes of logical and physical assets. The solution sets the cross-portfolio, inter-dependent, multi-class asset foundation for holistic business technology alignment, governance and optimization which you need to run your IT shops effectively and to have a fact-based, meaningful dialogue with your business partners to position, sell and report the progress on any IT change in your enterprise.
Managing IT value for you
Yours is one of the few cross-functional groups that can help extract and manage value across the IT landscape at an enterprise level. Precious capital is spent on redundant functionality instead of developing shared services. You have created reference models for business, applications, technology and data domains but their utility is not understood by business. Line architects are unsure how these models help solution design. Senior executives feel the models are academic with little practical benefits.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM establishes asset provisioning views of your reference models. You leverage this to identify functional redundancies and capability gaps resulting in fact based IT simplification and transformation. The blueprints established within EOS ITPM provide prescriptive guidance to your solution designers. EOS ITPM automates the solution design alignment and governance process. Executives appreciate the value of your reference models when they see contextualized cost, risk and value insights oriented by business and architecture context such as capabilities, strategic objectives and services.
Visualize your IT cross-asset risk
Chief Risk Officer
You have a growing list of regulatory compliance requirements against your IT asset landscape. There is no consistent asset baseline against which you can associate business processes implicated by risk and compliance needs. It is difficult to integrate risk and compliance postures with business and architecture indicators to contrast non-compliance implications. Additionally, your risk attestation processes are silo’ed and not integrated with enterprise level portfolio attestation processes.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM’s enables rapid cross-portfolio asset baselines. You can leverage this baseline to conduct risk assessments across the enterprise using EOS ITPM governance workflows. By contrasting risk postures with business facts such as usage, importance and cost you are able to highlight the business impact of ignoring risks identified by your assessments. EOS ITPM enables holistic risk views by process, application, domain or business unit. You are able to influence key stakeholders such as enterprise architects and PMO offices to factor underlying asset risk during investment planning.
Govern your asset baselines
IT Standards Governance Team
Manual standards processes cause inconsistent alignment assessments and diminished standards enforcement across different functional groups in your organization. Lack of standards repository inhibits proactive planning for replacements for soon to be obsolete technologies. You are unable to influence solution design as standards are not integrated with reference architecture blueprints. Investment portfolios are not integrated with your frameworks resulting in silo’ed, ad-hoc investment prioritization.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM integrates your governance frameworks across the IT value chain. Integration of asset stratification dispositions with investment prioritization results in your ability to provide guidance to PMO offices on investment allocation. EOS ITPM’s roadmaps highlight the sequence of technology decommissioning resulting in proactive planning of replacements. Alignment report from EOS ITPM helps you proactively influence IT Bill of Change and enhance alignment with enterprise standards. Automated exemption processes enable you to consistently monitor misalignments, reviews and decisions.
Enabling CFO function for CIO
IT Finance Team
GL level cost data lacks business context or asset context resulting in weaker cost transparency within your organization. Ad-hoc costing models make it difficult to harmonize disparate and fragmented costing data. Silo’ed costing data captured in varying levels of details across function groups results in fractured costing visibility. Inability to integrate cost data with risk, business and architecture indicators make it difficult for your CIO to make financial assessment of asset disposition decisions.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM’s helps you harmonize the myriad of different ways in which costing data is processed within your silos. Using EOS ITPM’s integrated portfolio view across service, process, organizational, functional and architecture domains, you are able to provide a costing view in a business context enhancing visibility into financial spend by different asset classes. Integrating costing data with technical, business and operational profiles forms the financial data visibility foundation that enables your CIO to prioritize, execute and realize benefits from initiatives such as IT simplification or IT Transformation.
Maximize Project Investments
Program and Project Mgmt. Office
It is difficult to optimize investment and resources at an enterprise level tailored to the specific situations and business objectives at a Line of Business level. You have little visibility into the type of infrastructure required to meet your project needs resulting in unpleasant surprises. Lack of integrated portfolio inhibits your ability to deliver cross-functional capabilities transcending multiple projects. You have limited ability to analyze project characteristics aggregated by cross-functional, enterprise perspectives.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM gives you to flexibility to prioritize and govern projects specific to your business. It integrates health indicators for application and associated infrastructure as part of investment planning enabling you to perform upstream assessment of infrastructure required for your project. Highlighting capability needs at a project level enables you to identify opportunities to combine and pool efforts at a portfolio level resulting in precious investment savings. The roadmap based planning view enables you to plan proactively to resolve any timing, resource or application support conflicts.
Data is your corporate asset
Chief Data Officer
Sensitive data in different areas of your enterprise have inconsistent controls resulting in potentially serious risk exposures. Your enterprise has limited knowledge about which repositories manage what data assets resulting in reactive and costly data administration. Inability to highlight data implications in project investment phase results in risk and compliance gaps in execution phases. Weak and conflicting data ownership is preventing you from maximizing value out of your current data assets.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM helps establish and govern your portfolio of repositories managing strategic data assets. It provides insights into business operations on data across products, channels and functional domains. It stratifies your data portfolio by risk and sensitivity that help identify mitigating controls. EOS ITPM integrates your data portfolio into project planning phase that ensure upstream consideration of desired levels of security and compliance. Establishing data lineage and ownership in EOS ITPM highlights inconsistencies in data architecture and potential data management quality issues.
Business context for IT services
Disparate infrastructure profiles prevent you from maximizing benefits from your data center refresh activities. Ad-hoc and reactive infrastructure currency remediation activities limit your ability to optimize limited budgets. Inability to orient costing views by IT services make it difficult to communicate infrastructure investments in a business context. Limited insights into business impact of infrastructure assets on business capabilities and data prevent proactive business recovery and risk compliance planning.
What EOS can do for you
With EOS ITPM your team can map service taxonomy to provisioning infrastructure and application platforms enabling you to communicate services oriented view of IT cost and value to your business stakeholders. It enables an integrated view of your portfolio from assets in the data center to processes that business operates upon. By integrating data center information such as power and energy needs with operational metrics, asset demographics and currency information, EOS ITPM provides the facts you need to optimize your limited infrastructure budget.
Catalyst for process change
Chief Process Officer
Lack of process ownership makes it difficult for you to assess and stratify enterprise processes by risk levels. Proactive process reengineering, planning and communication is stunted by lack of visibility into process system interdependencies. Enterprise adoption and execution of your new processes is slowed and made difficult due to disparate sources of process information. Lack of consistent process nomenclature and taxonomy results in process redundancies, poor tracking and increased complexity.
What EOS can do for you
EOS ITPM baselines your business processes and aligns them against your product operating domains. This enables fact based planning to enhance process standardization or differentiation based on business needs. EOS ITPM helps identify process support redundancies and gaps in your portfolio. You can assess risk levels against the process baseline and associated mitigating controls. EOS ITPM helps you understand the business demands on your process portfolio and the ability of IT to meet those demands – in effect helping bridge the gap between business and IT.
Portfolio Solution Brief
Interfaces and Integrations Solution Brief
End User Asset
Portfolio Solution Brief
Integrated IT Currency
Planning Solution Brief
Analysis and Planning
Integrated IT Portfolio
visibility of your
of your IT Projects
Agile and Efficient IT
of your CMDB
Leveraging ITPM to
Leveraging ITPM to
guide your SOA
Future State Architecture Planning